Building an Inventory Management Application

Would you like to learn how to represent data such as price, quantity, availability, etc. visually within your 3D application? Would you like to learn how to link a data from an external database to your 3D application? Have you ever wondered how to modify physical attributes of your 3D model? Would you like to modify physical attributes of your 3D model based on external data?

If you answered yes to any of these questions then I have a perfect tutorial for you! Here is a link to the overview video for this tutorial: How to Build an Inventory Management Application

Additionally, here is a link to the tutorial that this talked about in the video linked above: Inventory Management Application

Inventory Management project: GitHub Repo

If you have any questions or feedback about the tutorial, we’d love to hear about them in the comments below!

Hi Ricky,
This is a greate demo and includes so many functions that we would like to implement.

However, I am not able to succeed in the first step. When I execute “npm install” inside the tutorial folder, inventory_management, I get the error message like this:

added 660 packages, and audited 661 packages in 11s

52 vulnerabilities (2 low, 12 moderate, 30 high, 8 critical)

To address issues that do not require attention, run:
npm audit fix

To address all issues (including breaking changes), run:
npm audit fix --force

Run npm audit for details.

And when I execute all those above commands like “npm audit fix” or “npm audit fix --force”, I still get errors. I tried with node.js versions 18.15.0 and 19.8.1. How can I resolve these issues?

Hi @shuji.mochida,

Are you only running this tutorial locally? The tutorial can still be completed with these vulnerabilities present if you only plan to run things on your machine.

1 Like