December 2021 Getting Started with HOOPS Web Platform Cohort

Hello everyone!
If you’re new to the HOOPS Web Platform, be sure to join us next week for our HOOPS Virtual Training: Getting Started with the HOOPS Web Platform on Tuesday December 7th at 8AM PST. In this training course, we’re going to explore the HOOPS Web Platform from top to bottom.

If you haven’t already, you can register for the initial training here:

This training will be part of a month-long cohort program with the following schedule:
December 7th, 8AM PST: Virtual Training
December 14th, 8AM PST: Office Hours
January 4th, 8AM PST: Final Meeting and Recap

The recording from next week’s session along with additional information will be posted in this thread over the course of the cohort program. In the meantime, feel free to introduce yourself and start the discussion in the comments below.

We hope to see you there!
~Gabe

Hello everyone and thanks for the reminder Gabe. I will be leading the training next week as well as the next two cohort sessions. In order to get the most out of the training, I recommend doing a bit of prep work:

1. Install an IDE or some other way to view and possibly write JavaScript. I recommend VSCode if you’re looking for suggestions.

2. We’ll review downloading and installing the software, but if you’ve already registered for an evaluation, please download the installer from manage.techsoft3d.com

3. If you haven’t already done so, register for an account on these forums so that you’ll be able to participate in the cohort training by asking questions, posting your findings, and collaborating with other users in the cohort.

Thanks and I look forward to working with you.

– Rob

2 Likes

You can find the training recording here:

Our next meeting will be our office hours. Office hours are the time to discuss your questions and challenges with us. Depending on the number of attendees, individual help sessions may be limited to 15 minutes per person. Our office hours will be held next week, December 14th 2021 at 8 AM PST. Be sure to have your questions and code ready to talk about. :slight_smile:

You can join via this link:

We hope to see you there!

~Gabe

Hi everyone,

A question was asked at the end of the training:

“Does HOOPS Communicator support orthographic view?”

The answer is yes and by default the viewer is in presented in orthographic mode, so the below code sets the mode to perspective and then back:

(Note, this code is using the standard viewer in the quick start mode, as demonstrated in the getting started training).

//Get the handle to the [Commonicator.WebViewer.view](https://docs.techsoft3d.com/communicator/latest/build/api_ref/typedoc/classes/communicator.webviewer.html#view) 
//call [setProjection](https://docs.techsoft3d.com/communicator/latest/build/api_ref/typedoc/enums/communicator.projection.html) 

hwv.view.setProjectionMode(Communicator.Projection.Perspective)

//Now set the view back to ortho
hwv.view.setProjectionMode(Communicator.Projection.Orthographic)

Thanks,

– Rob

1 Like