How to inject additional installer into the AutoCAD OEM 2023 installer

Hello Weiyang,

let me add my experiences.

We have been building our AutoSTAGE application since OEM 2016, and at least since then it is not necessary to reset any computer date or something else.

In general, integrating any new OEM version is very easily done and requires usually not much refactoring of existing code or procedure. The biggest change happend from OEM 2022 to OEM 2023, where Autodesk fundamentally changed the installer process from the “classic” installer to the ODIS installer. That has been some additional work, but this investment will last some years, provided Autodesk will not change the procedure anytime soon.

We use an automated build pipeline that builds our product as a plug-in for vanilla AutoCAD (2018-2023) as well as for AutoCAD OEM (2018-2023). For the latest version, we also build dedicated language version in German and English language.

Please check out my other post regarding this:

Our build tool builds the full installer set (the result of the OEM Installer Wizard) as well as update patches, which are separate msi-files that update only the differences between the old and new version. The user installes the full installer at first and then applies only the update msi file to install all changes with any new version we publish. This has been running very robust for a couple of years now.

The full build for all products takes about 12 hours to run and generates about 50GB of data. In theory, we could publish an update twice a day (which we do not!).

Best regards,
Jens Mueller, AutoSTAGE

1 Like