Error and ECONNRESET on display a specific DWG

Hello,

My team started to evaluate HOOPS Communicator for our new BIM project and we have trouble opening one of our DWG test file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IDzYXxTdC09B-hIyZ63J8DVsUA2T_ooS/view?usp=share_link

That DWG is having both 2D and 3D views and it can be rendered by AUTODESK Construction Cloud and ODA Viewer.

• When we converted it with the “convert_file.bat” provided in the quick_start project, the viewer can open the 2D view with the full model tree, but nothing is displayed on the canvas.

• When we change the command to “–drawings_mode 2” for both 2D and 3D views, the conversion still success (the log and model info attached bellow). But now the sample viewer will show
    Model Load Error: Unable to load 'Civil3DBigExample': attachModels: [object Object]
    With the console error: WebSocket is already in CLOSING or CLOSED state.
    And here is the server error log:

12/21/2022, 2:36:23 PM:error: proxy-error: proxy=ws://127.0.0.1:11000, err=Error: read ECONNRESET
12/21/2022, 2:36:23 PM:info: ts3d_sc_server.exe died: pid=14432, id=41997050-c48b-4286-8675-bf6e57ee7af0
12/21/2022, 2:36:23 PM:warn: ts3d_sc_server.exe failed: reason='unknown exit-code', exit-code=3221225725, id=41997050-c48b-4286-8675-bf6e57ee7af0

Same thing happened when we upload the converted SCZ to the demo viewer on your site.

Please help us with this case. And we will gladly provide any further information if needed.

Thank you,
Anh Le

Civil3DBigExample_ConvertLog.zip (4.8 KB)

Hi Anh,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this. We have confirmed on our side that the rendering for this file is not being displayed. However, I have done a few tests with our HOOPS Exchange toolkit, which is the technology behind the converter application in the HOOPS Web Platform, and I do believe we are reading the file’s data successfully. There seems to be an issue with feeding that data to the graphics pipeline though, and it will require some investigation from our support or engineering team.

Would you be able to share a small subset of this model? Perhaps just a single part of it, to see if we are able to consume that successfully or not?

We currently do not have a mechanism to report bugs via the forum, but I would be happy to help set you up in our system, so we can get a ticket reported on this, and dive in deeper. If you fill out the “Contact Sales” form at the bottom of this page, one of our Product Development Managers will get you into our system, and we can file this ticket for you to find out more. Your evaluation will still be free at this time, so please do not worry over the fees listed right now.

Thank you for your patience with us. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any other findings or concerns.

Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the update.

I will ask my team for some subsets of the model ASAP.

We’re really appreciate your support.
Anh Le

1 Like