Web Viewer: Can only load the default model

Hello, currently I’m using the trial version of Hoops Web Platform, and I used the converter to convert some 3D files.

When I tried to load those scs/scz files to hoops_web_viewer, it does not work (I’m using this demo repository: GitHub - techsoft3d/hwp-demo-react: A basic demo showing how to implement Hoops Web Platform into a React project.), the model would not be loaded, but the default model “aquo_bottle.scs” or “microengine.scs” works just fine.

Is this intended in the trial version? or am I missing something? Thank you in advance!

Hello @dev,

Welcome to the forum !

Out-of-the-box, the React-based demo is using an older version of Communicator (v2020.0.0). If you just started an HWP evaluation, then you are likely using a more recent version. So the issue that you are facing could be due to version compatibility. That is, an older version of Communicator cannot open SCS/SC file from a newer version so you will need to adjust accordingly.

Thanks,
Tino

Hello @tino ,

I changed the hoops version to the newest ESM Module and it worked! Thank you for the help.

1 Like