Why some elements are only displayed in grey without colors

Hi,

I’m using the HOOPS Web Viewer for IFC files (converted) showing. and noticed the some elements are not correctly displayed (missing colors), and only displayed in grey.

Do you have an idea about where that can come from ?

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hi Mohammed,

can you share a specific IFC file that shows this issue? Also which application are you using to compare the colors to vs HOOPS Communicator?

Thanks,
Guido

1 Like

Hi Guido,

Thank you for you reply.

Please find the ifc file I tested in the Sample-Test-Files github repository

The application i’m using to compare is the Bimvision

Thank you,
Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

so I tried this file in BIMVision, Solibri as well as Bimtrack and in all of them the pipes are rendered in a different color which leads me to the assumption that those applications pick colors based on the type of object (at least if the color is not specified in the model). This is just a guess though, it would need further investigation to come to a conclusive answer.

Are you expecting a specific color for objects in this ifc file based on how it was modelled?

Thanks,
Guido

1 Like

Thank you Guido for the analyse.

I have checked the IFC P21 file and I believe be that there are no colours specifications in the ifc file.

I only get confused when seing difference in colors between viewers :slight_smile:

Thank you again.
BR.
Mohammed

Could you please tell me if the spaces with colors are shown in the viewer, I’ll take the same attached file link as example.

Taking the space that has:
GUID = 3Dv6MBGFzBvOlsdVJAgcOY
Name = A101

This space should be displayed in #2740=IFCCOLOURRGB($,0.,0.5686274509803921,0.788235294117647);

Is there a parameter that enables space color showing.

I’m using both desktop and web kit.

Thank you

Hi,

yes it looks like the color is correctly translated. Below is an image with the spaces for the model displayed (you need to make them visible in the model tree). If you are using the HOOPS Demo Viewer you need to make sure that hidden objects are imported in the import options. That setting is already on in the quick_start conversion script in HOOPS Communicator.

Thanks,
Guido