Are you a technical leader who finds collaborating with internal and external teams motivating and energizing? Tech Soft 3D, the global leader in 3D development software toolkits, is seeking a Consulting Engineer to join the Partner Success Team! We are looking for someone with the technical knowledge and drive to advise colleagues and Partners throughout the product sales cycle, and is driven to continually improve the customer experience. This position has a little bit of everything for someone with a few years’ experience in software development, or a more experienced engineer looking to expand their consultative skills! This position is based in our Berkeley, CA office and is open to remote work anywhere in the US.
- Help our Partners achieve their goals! Analyze, identify, and define prospective Partner technical needs and requirements
- Our Global Online Developer Community wants to learn from your expertise. Whether in-person (as travel restrictions allow), or via web tutorials, you’ll have fun giving tech talks around the world
- Be at the forefront of ever evolving 3D software multi-product prototype applications for new and existing Partners
- Perform services engagements for Partners including partner code reviews, re-factoring of applications/code, workflow analysis, and creating Partner-specific implementations
- Provide sophisticated support to our Partner Development Team throughout the sale process
- BS in Math, Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a customer facing role required
- Strong understanding of one of or all of the following: CAD, CAM, CAE/FEA/CFD, PLM, BIM
- An understanding of software application design fundamentals, including experience with developing application-level code, integrating external software libraries, and some experience with GUI tool kits
- Self-starter with a high level of focus and organizational skills
- Eagerness to learn new programming languages and emerging technologies
- Strong problem solving skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrates a capacity for continuous learning, flexibility to adapt to changing situations
- Ability to travel
- Familiarity with 3D computer graphics concepts
- Experience working with analysis software or SDKs (FEA/CFD)
- Strong web development skills and experience with web technologies such as React, Angular, Vue.js, Node.js, TypeScript, etc
- Experience working in a global company
Our employees enjoy a robust benefit package including fully paid medical for employees, spouse/domestic partners and dependents, (yes, you read that correctly!) a generous 401(k) employer contribution (eligible on first paycheck for US employees), bonus potential, exceptional paid time off and holidays, and sabbaticals. Not to mention, the cool perks you get as a “Techsoftian” …. Free food and beverages, dog friendly offices, awesome leadership, continuous learning, relaxed environment, fun culture, flexibility, charitable donation matching program, an amazing recognition program (winners get an all-expense trip to somewhere in the World - COVID travel restrictions permitting) and daily high (virtual) fives.
“You almost can’t walk down the street and see a man-made thing that somehow hasn’t been touched by Tech Soft 3D technology. That makes me feel great.” Ron Fritz, CEO
Tech Soft 3D celebrates and is committed to diversity and inclusion.