Introduce Yourself

First off, welcome to the TechSoft 3D Community Forums! The forums are meant to be a place where 3D engineering software enthusiasts and developers connect with each other. That’s why we believe it’s important for our members to share a bit about themselves and the cool things they’re working on.

Here are some questions to help get us started:

• Who are you?
  • What’s your industry and profession?
  • What part of 3D engineering software development is your favorite?

If you haven’t already, please be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide, and our Rules and Guidelines.

2 Likes

Hello,

My name is Robert Tadlock and I manage the Consulting team here at Tech Soft 3D. I’m sure I’ve met many of you at conferences over the years and I look forward to being able to have a drink in person in the near future!

Currently one of my favorite segments of 3D engineering software is additive manufacturing. I love the idea of designing an manufacturing a part at home!

Hi,
My name is Isabelle de Galzain. I’ve been working at Tech Soft 3D for more than 20 years. I started as a Software Engineer, then moved to the Support team, and I’m now a Consulting Engineer. I like the balance between technical and relational contacts that I find in my current position. So I look forward to meeting you.

Hello,
I’m Brad Flubacher and I’m the Developer Experience Manager here at Tech Soft 3D. I’m formerly a senior consulting engineer, and I’ve been with the company for 4 years. My interests are in the areas of usability, performance, and overall good engineering practice. I’m here to help as much as I can!

Brad

• Who are you?
    I am him:
    https://sandeepsrikumar201.wixsite.com/website

• What’s your industry and profession?
    As of now I am doing academic work. Industry would be electrical engineering.
    Computational electromagnetics to be precise. I want to get exposed to HOOPS.

• What part of 3D engineering software development is your favorite?
    I am very new to this. Just trying to learn the basics of HOOPS Visualize native platform, before the trial expires.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums, Srikumar! We’re happy to have you here. :slight_smile: Sounds like you’re doing some interesting things! Let us know if you have any questions about HOOPS Visualize as you go through the basics.

1 Like

Hello,

I work at Tech Soft managing technical marketing and the chief technical evangelist. I was initially responsible for the presentations, demos, videos, forum and other technical stuff you see. Now I have an incredible team helping out with all these things.

I have a background in software development and have worked in visualization and graphics for over 20 years. I also like biking, hiking and skiing.

I love playing with AR and VR tech. I think this is the next platform that everyone will be fighting over for market share.

Jonathan “crash” Girroir

1 Like

Hi!

I work at Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence as a Software Architect. I’ve been working with HOOPS products for a little over 10 years going back to the APEX days. We’re creating and maintaining metrology (measurement) software for a very broad set of industries. Looking forward to being part of this community site! Not sure about a favorite area, it’s all great! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @dave.calkins! We’re excited to have you join us. :slight_smile: It’s totally valid for all of the areas to be your favorite. Side note, but is that an office space screenshot in your profile pic, if so I totally dig it!

Yes, that’s from Office Space :slight_smile: Great movie!

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I’m the Product Manager for our HOOPS Graphics SDKs (Visualize and Communicator). I’ve been with Tech Soft for 9 years now, previously as a Senior Consulting Engineer. Prior to joining Tech Soft I started working with Visualize (then just named HOOPS) waaay back in 2001!

While there’s so many cool things going on in 3D Engineering, I’m a complete sucker for analysis, mostly CFD. I love how anyone can now design, simulate, and manufacture all from their own home!

1 Like

Hey Everyone !
My name is Sumit, I am Product Owner for the HOOPS Native Platform and primary contact for any queries around the HOOPS Native Platform and HOOPS Web Platform Installers. Prior to joining Techsoft3D couple of months ago, I was working with several visualization toolkits including HOOPS Visualize since 2008. I have been a HOOPS developer for several years and looking forward to being useful to our partner community. Particularly if you have any feedbacks on the evaluations using installers, feel free to reach out to me!

1 Like

Hello!

My name is Jens Mueller and I am the lead developer, chief designer, managing director and owner (all in one and chief entrepreneur) of the AutoSTAGE GmbH, based in Germany.

We (as a company) are developing and publishing an application called AutoSTAGE , which is based on AutoCAD OEM. AutoSTAGE, is a powerful software for the economical and easy creation of professional CAD drawings, technical planning and visualization for trade show, theatre and event technology.

More than 20 years ago, I aspired to become a lighting designer. But after two decades, it turned out that I am a much better and prolific software engineer. This has been a wild ride: learning so much stuff and scaling so many walls, it has been actually very much fun and not boring at all!

I consider myself a (humble) expert on everything about developing and deploying applications for and with AutoCAD and AutoCAD OEM. Time permitted, I am looking always for new frontiers and learnings, but time is usually the scarcest resource.

1 Like

Welcome Jens! It’s nice to see you in the forum. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s cool that you’re always looking for things to learn. If you had extra time is there anything you’d like to learn more about?

Thanks for your welcome. I would love to look deeper into the HOOPS technologie, that seems to be amazing stuff. Unfortunatly, I don’t see a business case while developing AutoCAD OEM applications for the show, theatre and event industry.

1 Like

Hello,

My name is Rikard Serdoz and I’m founder and owner of Tehnosoft Ltd from Croatia. I’m mechanical engineer involved in pressure equipment design and in that perspective we are currently developing in Inventor OEM solution called 3DPV for 3D visualization and detailing of pressure equipment that is utilized in most of industry world wide.

1 Like

Hello Rikard! Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile: The software you’re developing sounds super cool. How is everything going with your development process?

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for warm welcome. It sound cool but I’m mechanical eng and my colleague who work with me is also mechanical engineer. In that perspective we are like two chickens without heads going thru development using C#. Release was intended to be in March 2022 but now we hope it will be in mid September. But it will come for sure… :slight_smile: We are still “fresh” and going step by step… But this is normal learning curve…

1 Like

You got this! I’ll be rooting for you :grin: