How to use Convert to convert rvt files into SC files, and the sphere-like part of the model appears smooth

The similar spherical body in the rvt model of REVIT design software is converted to an SC file, and the surface shows concave-convex deformation and is not smooth. How to use Convert to convert rvt files into SC files, and the sphere-like part of the model appears smooth.

Hi,

you can try setting the tessellation_quality converter command line options to the highest value to see if that makes a difference though I don’t think it will have an impact for revit models. If that does not work please let us know and we will create a bug for this issue on your behalf.

Thanks,
Guido

https://docs.techsoft3d.com/communicator/latest/api_ref/data_import/converter-command-line-options.html

1 Like

hello, I tested it and completed the conversion by setting tessellation_quality, but the display effect has not changed, and there is still deformation.

Im thinking this might be a bug. Let me see what support says about it and Ill get back to you.

Hello @rohagax695,

One thing that I just now noticed in your screenshot is that the thinner cylindrical geometries appear to be faceted. This can indicate that normal vectors are missing. As part of the Converter options, there is the option --sc_discard_normals. Please make sure that this is set to false.

Thanks,
Tino

1 Like

I tried the above method, but still no solution. I uploaded the model file. Please help me analyze it. The picture is a comparison between the effect of Revit and the effect of HOOPS_Communicator.

model.zip (839.8 KB)

Hello @rohagax695,

Thanks for sending the test file (which you can now delete if you wish).

After a deeper investigation, I can confirm that we have a similar issue that has been already reported to our Exchange team. Unfortunately, in the interim, we do not have a workaround available to share.

Thanks,
Tino

1 Like