New TextBox Markup released

This set of classes implement an easy to use and customizable markup type for adding text notes with a leader line to a model in HOOPS Communicator. Complete source code, demos and documentation is available on GitHub:

Below is a quick run-down of the main features

TextBox that automatically fits to the text with leader line pointing to the model:

Easy to add toolbars and other customizations:

Textbox can be set to rotate with the camera or stay static:

Optionally setting to hide textbox if insertion point is hidden:

Full Collaboration support via plugin to Collaboration Library. Demo in 3D Sandbox:

How to make this textbox read only ?

There is a function called setAllowEditing() on the TextBoxMarkupItem that you can call to prevent editing.

https://techsoft3d.github.io/ts3d-hc-textbox/TextBoxMarkupItem.html

1 Like

when I’m trying to set the function setAllowEditing() it is not working
let item = new hcTextBox.TextBoxMarkupItem(textBoxOperator.getTextBoxManager(), new Communicator.Point3(0, 0, 0));
item.setAllowEditing(false);

textBoxOperator.getTextBoxManager().add(item);

There was actually a bug that kept this setting from being honored when the textbox is initially created. This should now be fixed.

1 Like

Can we use same files if we want to use textbox feature in ReactJS?

I’m not too familiar with react but my guess is that it should work. Let me know if you run into any problems.

1 Like

there are some compatibility issues with jquery files. I think there is need to modify the webpack dependency configurations as it is external library. If you get any info please share.

Ok. I will try to look into that in the next few days.

Any updates regarding textbox markup in react?

This feature is great!

1 Like

Glad to hear it @qiul ! Have you used it in your projects? I’d love to hear about it.

Anyone have any idea how we can add textbox markup in reactJS?

Hi,

I apologize but I still did not have time to devote to your question but can you be a bit more specific on the issues you are running into with React?

item.setBackgroundColor(255, 0, 0);
I’m using above color format to set color but its not working
Can you suggest correct parameters for color?

Try this:

item.setBackgroundColor(new Communicator.Color(255,0,0))
1 Like