Viewing Solidworks Assemblies

How does one go about viewing a solidworks assembly in the web viewer. Whilst converting the solidworks sldasm to scs is possible, no real data is loaded in the viewer. I’m assuming this is the case since there’s no real CAD data (parts files) included within the sldasm file.

2 Likes

Hi,

the easiest way to view solidworks assemblies (or any other CAD model) with HOOPS Communicator after downloading the package would be to simply drag&drop the assembly file you want to view onto convert_file.bat (on windows) which is located in the quick_start directory of the installation. As long as the assembly file is in the same directory as all its associated subassembly and part files it should be converted and correctly displayed. As you mentioned if there are no associated part files present you will in most cases only see the model structure in the viewer but no visible geometry.

Please see the link below for more infomation.
https://docs.techsoft3d.com/communicator/latest/build/overview/getting-started.html

1 Like

How does one use the online viewer to view a solidworks assembly? While it is feasible to convert solidworks sldasm to scs, no real data is loaded in the viewer. I’m assuming this is the case because the sldasm file has no true CAD data (parts files).

Please see my above answer. As I said you have to make sure to include the part files as well when performing the conversion.